Infrastructure Project Manager
IT project management is part project management, part technology operations and part general management. IT project managers plan, organize, and integrate cross-functional information technology projects that are significant in scope and impact.
They coordinate the work of other IT professionals and administrative staff to produce a new piece or system of software. The core elements of the job are about organizing people and time resources, and seeing the project through from inception to completion. Project managers have ultimate responsibility for meeting the business’s or client’s needs.
Information Technology (IT) Project Manager Job Duties:
- Accomplishes information technology staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and data center.
- Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Developing project plans, goals, and budgets; identifying resources needed
- Developing schedules and methods for measuring results
- Guiding and performing strategic analysis for the project
- Organizing and managing all phases of the project to ensure on-time completion
- Assembling and coordinating project team members; assigning individual responsibilities
- Preparing requests for proposals and conducting all necessary meetings to facilitate selection of project services and products
- Planning and overseeing the preparation and dissemination of project communications.
Skills and Qualifications:
Technical Management, Technical Understanding, Analyzing Information, Informing Others,
Staffing, Problem Solving, Data Center Management, Developing Budgets, Coordination, Strategic Planning, Quality Management