Infrastructure Project Manager / インフラプロジェクトマネージャー
Ahead Group is looking for an Infrastructure Project Manager to join us onsite at an International Insurance firm in Tokyo.
The primary purpose of the job is to provide end-to-end project management from requirements gathering and analysis, through implementation (typically on a single project at any given time).
The project manager:
- Develops detailed project plans / SOWs and schedules using established standards (high level of documentation quality expected)
- Provides work direction and leadership to assigned project teams, including scheduling, assignment of work and review of project efforts
- Proactively monitors project plans (milestones and critical path dates), identifying and resolving issues and assessing variances
- Gathers metrics, and develop reports to monitor and track project delivery, and take proactive corrective action when needed.
- Is responsible for the management of one or more medium-sized projects of varying levels of risk, impact, and complexity
- Develops and maintain a productive working relationship with project sponsors, vendors and key clients
- Works with all levels of staff and management to communicate project progress and results
- Provide leadership and oversee project activities to meet quality, schedule, milestone, and budget commitments
- Manage project expectations, scope, risk and changes; provide issue identifications and resolution with program managers, senior stakeholders; oversee development of work plans (SOWs) at the required level of detail which indicates the key dependencies, resources, and project timeframes
- Be accountable to program managers for continual tracking and analysis of project performance against the project management plan(s) to ensure successful delivery and execution; ensuring that the goals and objectives of the project are understood and agreed with sponsors; and for the continual assessment of resource displacement and reassignment based on work plan schedule(s).
- General administration/training/staff management, etc.
- A total of 3-6+ years’ experience leading large cross functional projects in accordance with a formalized project methodology required; PM leadership experience required (minimum PMP or PRINCE2 or >10yrs of PM experience)
- Strong cost management skills including excellent ability with tools such as MS Excel, MS project, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams in a project in a dynamic development global environment; some projects may require domestic travel as necessary (up to 10%)
- Demonstrated ability to identify, understand, and communicate business needs for technical projects
- Strong execution and analytical skills; ability to influence change and drive results
- Experience in understanding and communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Ability to interact well with program leadership and senior management; strong presentation skills required
- Excellent written/verbal skills a must (Business level or better Japanese and English)
- Ability to adapt easily to change, can manage in an uncertain environment, and manage multiple tasks with competing interests for time and evolving priorities
- Managerial leadership skills, including the ability to mentor, coach and develop staff