Level 2 Network Engineer (Hong Kong)
Ahead Group is currently looking for a L2 Network Engineer to join us at an International Investment Bank in Hong Kong.
Job Description :
- Responsible for Network Operation Support, infrastructure design and projects deployment
- Responsible for having an operational up-to-date DR, documented and tested from network
- Ensure functioning of network and telecoms in APAC, focus on business requirement
- Monitors and maintains the performance and availability of the APAC Network Infrastructure.
- Acts as the main point of contact in Region for any major operational subjects and incidents
- Install, configure, and maintain network and related technology infrastructure environments in accordance with the Bank’s standards.
- Perform analysis required to define reporting requirements (e.g., Performance, Capacity, Change management).
- Perform system network engineering, design and validation.
- Provide daily operations support and maintenance for network and related information
- Document all aspects of the network infrastructure and keep documentation up to date.
- Proactively monitor network and related system information technology assets.
- Assess and make recommendations for improvement to provide stable, dependable technology assets
- Able to demonstrate the ability to undertake the above responsibilities
- Has knowledge of the Cisco, Checkpoint, FortiNet, F5 hardware platforms, of its capabilities, limitations and performances
- Has an expert knowledge of the LAN/WAN Protocols such as TCP, UDP, MPLS, QoS, BGP, IS-IS and OSPF
- Has experience in troubleshooting complex problems and analysing troubleshooting data (Pcaps, netflow, syslogs, monitoring systems)
- Has an good knowledge of the Telecom providers and has experience working with them
- Fluent in English to work with the Global & Regional resources
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines,
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility including shift and out of hours working
- Demonstrate a positive, diverse and inclusive attitude that fosters excellent service and Business satisfaction
- Excellent organisational skills * Expert knowledge of ITIL disciplines
- Good team and relationship builder with excellent communication skills at all levels
- Excellent documentation skills
Specific Qualifications Required:
- Min 8 years exposure to Cisco platforms (Nexus, 7600, 6800, 6500, 7200,ISR ASR, 3560, 3750,
4948,), and routing protocols (MPLS-VPN, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IS-IS)
- Min 5 years in Network Design and Operation in LAN and WAN environments
- Min 3 years in Network Monitoring tools
- Experience in Firewall support (Checkpoint certification is a strong “plus”)
- Experience in Load balancer support (F5 certification is a strong “plus”)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Fluency in English (Cantonese/Mandarin and/or French are a ‘plus’)