Server / Network Support Engineer
Ahead Consulting is seeking engineers to be hired permanently with our client based in central Tokyo supporting a Cloud based environment and supporting clients as well as internal users. Work is conducted primarily in Japanese, so N1 or native levels are required. Business level English is required.
- Provide support to customers using Cloud Platform products, solutions and APIs including Google Compute Engine and related services.
- Provide technical assistance and support as part of a global 24x5-support organization.
- Work closely with engineers and product managers to improve the product and make our customers successful.
- Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management: change requests and incident ticket handling for the remaining Infrastructure Teams.
- Provide technical and developer support to customers using Cloud Platform products, solutions and APIs.
- ·Follow notification and escalation procedures.
- Follow standards for communications with business involving operational issues.
- AT least 3+ years’ experience fully as Systems Engineer or a combination of Networking and Sysadmin
- Strong knowledge of Linux/UNIX and Windows Server.
- Familiarity with shell scripting.
- Familiarity with multi-tasking and multi-processing.
- Capable to setup monitoring, conduct performance audit and performance optimization
- Strong understanding of administration (user accounts, permission models, access control).
- Familiarity with networking (NAT, DNS, firewalls, basic routing, load balancing, etc.).
- Experience troubleshooting Linux performance (CPU, memory, I/O).
- Strong troubleshooting skills and familiarity with common Linux troubleshooting tools (vmstat, iostat, lsof, strace).
- Familiarity with SQL.
- Familiarity with cloud computing.
- Strong business ownership and customer focus.
Nice to have
- Experience with VMs (Google Compute Engine, VMware, Amazon EC2, etc.
- Familiarity with BigQuery, Cloud Storage and CloudSQL.
- Coding ability in one or more languages (Java, Python, C++, etc).
- Familiarity with software commonly used on VMs (MongoDB, Hadoop, etc).
- Experience in deploying and managing distributed systems and clusters.
- Familiarity with web and mail protocols (HTTP, TLS, SMTP, etc).
- Expected to be able to follow and understand a defined ITIL/ITSM process, train other team members, and contribute in process improvement.